Friday, October 22, 2010

dancing in the dark


"we are seeing a movement of energies and forces that are simply beyond the people creating them... a revelation of a pattern and a story, a story that is written by the totality of all things."


"...and I wear my sunglasses at night
so I can, so I can
forget my name..."

smash smash smash


holy green man crossed with janus jesus and jupiter...

...still wrestling with me

there is such a simple, elegant synchronicity in the idea that Hollywood reflects the cultural patterns of the general populations to which it caters.. celebrities are called stars, shining down from the "heavens" that are the top tiers of our earthly universe... the social, political and economic dance that is "celebrity" reflects a concentrated, centralized interpretation of the movements of the masses. as we dance above, so we dance below..

synktabulous



"What is sumo but a dance between giants? 
What is business but a dance between companies? 
I would like to know about every kind of dance." 
-Sayuri Nitta in Memoirs of a Geisha


dancing with the stars

furthermore, "celebrity", rooted in "celebration", is our modern version of the celebration the ancients undertook for literal stars. celebration, dance.. so much about the study of cosmic-scale synchronicity points to joy, while at the same time constantly reminding us of the other side of that coin, the darkness, the deep black, the fear of the "unknown". fitting then, that the concept of a New World Order was introduced to most of us through our worst fear; hell on earth by way of absolute corrupted power enacted by our modern gods- our governments.



"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the Creator... On many an occasion when I am dancing, I have felt touched by something sacred. In those moments, I felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists. I become the stars and the moon. I become the lover and the beloved. I become the victor and the vanquished. I become the master and the slave. I become the singer and the song. I become the know-er and the known. 
The Creator and the creation merge into one wholeness of joy."
-Michael Jackson

oooh



in a post that still guides much of my path -"this is not a sync post"- i mused on the artifice of it all.. synk, i mean.. how seeing what isn't has become so crucial to seeing what is. this adds to the beauty of the Hollywood metaphor; the unrealness of synk reflects the fakeness of celebrity culture.. the dance of the stars seems unreal to us here on the ground.. not completely unreal, just so damn far into the deep black we can't always appreciate the connection..


something new, though, is coming now.. and feeling the change that we are being and birthing, we reach out to jupiter and the second sun and.. and to heaven.. to touch..  to connect..

..contact..

and the irony of it all is being revealed.

in the abyss, we need not seek out our connection; the black represents the all as won, when the I is lost, in paradise, swallowed up like light into a black hole in the center, over shadowed... sunglasses over my eyes...

what's all this about sunglasses, then?


...Will..

..Power..

..Change..



um... thassit.

that's all i can see right now.

9 comments:

  1. Beutiful Work Toure, I love it, that MJ quote is perfect and beutiful too. Thanks for sharing! Peach in and out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Toure. Always elegant. That Michael Jackson quote is one of the most insightful things I've read. Last year when MJ died, Maestro Flores came to Manitoba for a month.We did plenty of ayahuasca ceremonies and I remember 2 specific one's where 2 different people said they felt the presence of MJ and all his spirit was at the ceremonies. I then talked to Maestro about MJ and he told me MJ was sourcing ancient moves and style and connected to Ayahuasca.

    Thanks again

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kev. Good job posting your comment at 10:22 on 10/22.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make it seem so effortless.
    so tight, incredible flow, like a dance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. things aren't all ways as they dream, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's always fascinating to me how awkward some posts feel for me right up until the moment of posting.. it's a strange leap of faith to hit the "Publish" button..

    10-22-10 at 10-22.. falling into the synk, kev :)

    it means more than you all can know to be able to express these feelings, these observation, in such a receptive space. we fuel each other here, it seems.

    ..and i dont know why my posts have suddenly become so.. abstract. i swear i'm not trying to be poetic, just callin it how i see it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean by the "awkward" feeling, it's kind of the same anticipation one feels just before presenting a self-written musical piece or exhibiting personal art. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Synching the WWF sort of hits me in the solar plexus. Wow. Cindy Lauper on call. The MJ quote is beautiful. I find it interesting how Hulk Hogan sports a classic handlebar mustache, and we have all noted how bicycles have become symbolic of "knowing". EG: Miss Gulch, E.T., etc. and I do think it is time for us to take hold of the handlebars.

    ReplyDelete